Join Our Team as a Luxury Travel Designer
We are looking to recruit a luxury travel designer to join our growing team. The demand for luxury, tailor-made holidays is currently incredibly high and the ideal candidate will be an experienced travel consultant who is used to dealing with high-end clients and selling holidays all over the world.
Job Title: Luxury Travel Designer
Based at: Haslemere Travel Ltd, Haslemere, Surrey
Reports to: Managing Director
Employment Basis: Full Time – Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (Saturdays – by appointment only)
To design and sell tailor-made luxury holidays (and services) to clients, both face to face and over the telephone. To support other members of the well-travelled and knowledgeable sales team. To provide exceptional service and deal with all bookings from start to finish. This is a varied and challenging role for a candidate looking to grow their career in the luxury travel industry, with an award winning and highly respected company.
- To provide advice and guidance to clients on tailor-made holidays, using your own and colleagues’ experience.
- Meeting sales targets as set out by senior management, following a successful probation period.
- Liaising with a variety of independent tour operators to secure allocations and best prices where possible
- To provide advice on travel information including visas, passport validity and travel insurance – help may be needed to acquire these.
- To provide country and destination information.
- To sell where appropriate, travel insurance, car hire, airport hotels and car parking
- Research flights and hotels based on the client’s interests and previous travels.
- Refer clients to booking conditions
- To follow up on new and existing enquiries
- Full responsibility for booking process including invoice details, taking payment and monitoring the payment of suppliers with the accounts department
- Deal sympathetically with complaints and refer these to management
- As a team member, support colleagues i.e. with work load, destination knowledge, technical expertise and share such varied duties such as brochure ordering and storage, general housekeeping, post, health & safety and window displays.
- Share colleagues duties and bookings when they are on educationals and holidays; twinning (‘buddy’) system.
- To actively get involved in the promotion of the business through client events, social media and marketing ideas.
- To actively improve your destination and product knowledge through online and in-person training events. To travel on overseas educations where required.
- To be a proactive ambassador for the business
- To have a ‘can do’ approach. Our ethos is ‘Nothing is impossible’.
- Able to lead a sales conversation over video call, phone and in person.
- A confident and articulate and effective communicator with the ability to convey expertise to clients.
- Previous independent travel agency or tour operator experience
- In depth travel knowledge as either a client or from educational trips, whilst working in travel
- Previous role in a face to face sales environment
- General computer literacy
- To demonstrate honesty, integrity and a genuine passion for travel.
- To have the confidence to run the agency (on occasions) whilst colleagues are away on educational visits/annual leave.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Full Time 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (Saturdays by appointment only and occasional).
- Current holiday entitlement – 20 days plus bank holidays. On completion of a successful probation period, 5 additional days will be added. The additional days are given to take into consideration time spent away on fam trips and evening supplier events.
- To broaden your product and sales knowledge each consultant is required to take overseas educationals. These will not be taken out of your holiday entitlement and all expenses will be covered by Haslemere Travel.
- Attend additional product and sales training courses both in-house and off-site and also trade events.
- A day off per year to support a charity, local support group or community work of your choice.
- Access to staff travel benefits
At Haslemere Travel we pride ourselves on being an equitable work place that is fully focussed on celebrating a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We look forward to receiving your CV, covering letter and list of destinations that you have travelled to, via email to [email protected]