Luxury Travel Sales Consultant
Haslemere Travel is a multi-award winning, luxury travel agency based In Surrey. Most recently Haslemere Travel has been named as ‘The Most Creative Travel Designer In The World’ and also ‘One of the 12 most influential travel designers in the world by Forbes Magazine.
We are looking to add a ‘Luxury Travel Consultant’ to our experienced team, to start with immediate effect.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate must be:
- Well travelled, either for leisure or business purposes.
- Passionate about travel, often researching and reading about destinations and hotels.
- Have a solid, customer facing sales background. It is not essential that this is from travel, however it would be preferable.
- Have outstanding communication and organisation skills
- Highly articulate
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have a client centric work ethic, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be fully computer literate and a quick learner for new systems.
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Able to work full-time (Monday to Friday) in addition to half days on a Saturday (as part of a rota, with time given in lieu).
- Able to travel overseas at least twice per year, both long haul and short haul.
- Be able to work as part of a small team.
- To learn quickly.
- To meet sales targets when required.
- To be commercially minded.
- To be immaculately presented.
- Have a good sense of humour.
- Have the correct passport and visa requirements to work and live in the UK.
- Be able to start ASAP.
Responsibilities of the role
- To research and plan detailed, tailor-made leisure travel itineraries for discerning clients, to worldwide destinations.
- To work with clients from their initial holiday idea, until they return home from their travels (and beyond) to ensure their experience is seamless.
- To attend regular skills and product training sessions as well as travel conferences. These may occasionally take place out of office hours.
- To travel overseas at least twice per year, to visit hotels and improve destination and product knowledge. Trips range from 2 to 10 nights.
- To work full-time in the Haslemere office.
- Competitive salary including annual bonus (performance related)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Opportunities for discounts on personal travel or industry rates.
If you fit the above criteria and would like to apply for this position please email your covering letter, CV and list of destinations you have visited (and know well) to Gemma Antrobus – [email protected]
No agencies please.